New Members - How to Join and Fees
NEW membership application & Fees for 2024
New Members in the following 3 categories receive a 50 % discount on the fee in their first year.
This applies to only these 3 Types: Family, and Single Family, Single Adult (Full).
Before applying you should review the rules. Your Membership application and approval implies your acceptance of the Club Rules, Codes of Conduct and the Club Safeguarding Policy.
Guide to applying for New Membership
- 1.The Membership form must be completed in full or you may take the first step and create a request to join then continue to make an Application for Membership. Next steps are:
- 2.Download and complete (PDF) CAYC Membership Form. (WORD version to edit online if preferred)
- 3.Download the Direct Debit Instructions for your Bank. This is mandatory.
- 4.Complete both forms fully and gain the appropriate details and signature from a Proposer or Referee.
- 5.You will be contacted and requested to return completed forms.
- 6.The Form only requires one Proposer (Full Member) from the membership or one Referee. The criteria is set out on the form and in the rules. The Club may utilise a Request for Reference if a Referee is used. Request for Reference will be used by the Membership Secretary or Safeguarding Officer
- 7.Send Forms to the Hon. Membership Secretary along with a cheque for the fee covering your first year, or post in the letterbox provided in Club. Arrangements may also be made to pay directly into the Club account online.
N.B. The Direct debit is activated in Year 2. It must accompany the Application to be reviewed by the General Committee otherwise the Application will be considered incomplete.
N.B. Volunteers undertaking relevant roles in the regulated sector, e.g. schools, healthcare, nursing homes, childminders, are required by law to apply for Disclosures. There is currently no legal requirement for other private or voluntary organisations to ask their staff or volunteers to apply for Disclosures.
However, it is accepted as good practice and the Club has this procedure written into the Safeguarding Procedures. We therefore do ask members who, in their volunteer or instructing roles, meet the criteria, to undergo the Access NI disclosure process under the umbrella of the Sport Governing Body RYANI. Those whose frequency of regular contact with Children does meet the threshold may be asked to complete a Self Declaration. Download: Self Declaration form.
Data Privacy (GDPR)
In recent years the Membership form has looked to capture only the information we require to manage correspondence and ensure our Membership Listing is accurate.
Aligned to this is the method in which we manage and secure your data. We utilise a secure Database managed by Sailing Club Manager.
In the RTC Operating Procedures we have referred to the Data Protection Act and the best practice of data management. This is a requirement under legislation and aligned to the new GDPR law that came into force in May of 2018.
Please ensure your Membership Profile in the Club's online system: Sailing Club Manager (SCM) reflects your personal details. We do capture DOB as we require this to manage the membership types and fees.
- CAYC Consitution_Rules and House Rules 2023-2024.pdf
- CAYC Membership Form 21.pdf
- CAYC Membership Form 21.doc
- CAYC Request for Reference v1.docx
- CAYC Self declaration v1.docx
Last updated 16:52 on 15 November 2023