WOW – Women on Water
4 x Tuesday Evenings in June 2019
18:30 – 21:30
Please download the: Registration file and return to firstname.lastname@example.org asap to secure a place
- Try sailing and powerboating, even some kayaking.
- Relax and socialise in the Bar afterwards.
The club has two RS Visions for training purposes and we may also use a GP14 and / or 2 Club Picos/ 2 Club Toppers & RS Feva and a Laser.
The club also has a supply of buoyancy aids for the use of anyone who does not already own one.
- Sailing is an outdoor sport and you will be exposed to the weather and may end up in the water.
- Launching and recovery of boats will involve wet feet.
- A wet suit with a windproof top is ideal for dinghy sailing and is essential e.g. Capsize Drill
- Clothing should be warm, windproof and waterproof. A spare change of clothes and a towel is also advisable.
- Foot wear should be suitable for use in water.
- A hat is strongly recommended, as is sun cream.
- Glasses should be attached securely.
Buoyancy aids or a life jacket are essential when on the water and will be supplied by the club if necessary.
Health and Safety
Please note that sailing is only permitted in the presence of a safety boat. All participants must wear a lifejacket or buoyancy aid.
Please ensure that you have completed the Registration / Medical Form and have posted it back to the Club as confirmation that you intend to attend the programme. This will be provided to the Instructor to enable them to assess fitness, medical background and provide them with Emgerency contact numbers.