Sailing Sessions supervised, also Kayaking available on request
Summer season – from approx. June to end of August
The club has several Members of the Sailing Committee planning a Rota for Friday evenings for fun / leisure sailing sessions for both junior and adult members with a RIB on hand manned by Club volunteers.
Those who have already undertaken some RYA training and are Level 2 and juniors who are Stage 1-2 as a minimum who need practice. These sessions are arranged from mid season onwards. Look out for newsletters or send an email to email@example.com to query dates.
JUNIOR & ADULT “INFORMAL SESSIONS”
There are basic confidence building sessions for everyone on Friday evenings. In particular those who have completed RYA courses this year. Contacts : Volunteers TBC – rota will be announced.
There are a few guidelines around this activity as this is not a formal RYA course, we have introduced a general registration form for the sailing season at the Club. This ensures Committee Members, Race Officers, and Safety Boat personnel can check skills levels and ensure Parents are supervising their children.
All parental assistance on shore is welcomed. Please provide registration details on this form of Adult or child going on the water.
The Club will log those going on the water and returning. Link to Registration & Declaration form
- Parents must remain at the Club whilst their children are taking part in these open sessions, or have agreed responsibilities with another parent prior to the activity. Please ensure the volunteers in charge are aware of the arrangements.
- A parent who also goes on the water with their child is fully responsible for this child. When the Child returns to shore so must the parent if no other patrent is onshore to supervise the child.
- All children must be members and have taken part in the RYA Youth Sailing Scheme at CAYC.
- Anyone manning a RIB or assisting the driver of the RIB must be a member or an associate member. Power boat L2 certification is a must. RYA Safety boat Cert – desirable
- All Boats borrowed from the Club must be booked and checked pre and post sailing. Link to Following the Borrowing Boats procedure.
The Club has limited dinghy resources, therefore children will need to take turns in helming and sharing the club dinghies.
5 x Optimists,
2 x Toppers (both have the smaller 4.2 sails available),
2 x PICOs
1 x RS Feva
Parents / Adults with sailing experience may wish to utilise one of the
2 x PICOs, 2 x RS Visions, or 1 GP14 to take their children out as another option. All must be members unless the Event has been advertised as an Open Event for Visitors. Post PTBO often has 1-2 open Fridays.
As expected on courses, Children or Adults must be appropriately dressed for all weather conditions and have a well fitted buoyancy aid. Check out Emily’s Code